I packed quite a few words into this eBook, so for the end of NaNoWriMo, I decided to give the cover an overhaul. The original captured the symbolism well enough, but it was terribly bland when compared to previous covers I had redone in recent months.
The text lacked the luster I added to other covers, so I raised the surface and fiddled with some of the levels to make the original metal texture pop out. The eBook cover was also too spacious, so I decided to stretch the words closer to the edge and maybe drag down the title text.
That seemed to look better, but something was missing. I kept tweaking the levels and adjusting the planet color, but the cover didn’t pop out like I wanted. It dawned on me that I should fill that black space, so I looked into my repository of star clusters and found a good one. I sandwiched it between two layers of the original background and there we were. The new cover for the eBook.